Course description: This is a self-paced course, which consists of 19 modules and is at no cost to the learner. You need to register, using any valid email address, and sign in to access the course.
Who should take this course? This is an interactive foundational course for entrepreneurs and innovators with templates for starting new global businesses and nonprofits and proven 21st century strategies for creating value through innovation across the public, private, and nonprofit sectors.
Time commitment: Please plan to spend at least 1 or 2 hours on each module. The entire course can be completed by most learners within 25-35 total hours.
Success criteria: To earn a credential, you must complete all graded quizzes with at least 80% correct. There are no due dates associated with any activities, but all graded activities must be completed successfully within 6 months of enrollment to earn a credential.
In this course you’ll learn how to:
- Analyze your organization’s business strategy and evaluate its effectiveness.
- Identify ways a company can integrate ethics into its decision-making and culture.
- Explain how the components of the value chain combine to create competitive advantage and allow growth.
- Calculate and interpret common-size financial statements, basic ratio analyses, and trend analysis of sales and expenses for a business.
- Develop and evaluate funding strategies for a company.
- Recognize key business concepts related to marketing, sales and segmentation.
- Describe methods to create and advance a company brand with current and potential customers.
- Identify terms, challenges, and strategies related to intellectual property.
- Explain how diversity and inclusion affect organizational performance and culture.
Why we love it:
- This Global initiative seeks to provide accessible world-class business and entrepreneurship education to local or underserved local or global communities at no cost.
- This self-paced course includes videos, self-reflection prompts, knowledge checks, and resources to empower you to become a global entrepreneur and innovator.
- Learners will earn a credential for successfully completing each course.
Learn about 100 Million Learners Global Initiative:
The mission of 100 Million Learners Global Initiative is to offer online, global education from The Thunderbird School of Global Management. The initiative aims to offer online courses in 40 different languages to learners across the globe, at absolutely no cost to the learner.
To learn more about this initiative, check out the program brochure and watch the minute video below:
Watch a 2-minute video below: