Acumen Academy’s free, four week course, Adaptive Leadership: Mobilizing for change and disrupting the status quo, empowers you to lead change, particularly during times of uncertainty or when there are no easy answers.
In this course you’ll learn how to:
- Find the root cause of a stubborn and recurring challenge in your organization, team or community
- Partner with people in positions of authority or power
- Recognize your role in the challenge and use your own power to get to a solution
- Lead adaptively amidst times of mistrust, resistance, conflict and distress
Why we love it:
- The Adaptive Leadership approach was developed at the Harvard Kennedy School of Government and equips people with the skills needed to lead change in times of uncertainty in an increasingly complex world.
- This course was created with support from Adaptive Change Advisors (ACA) whose mission is to democratize leadership – putting leadership tools that drive change into the hands of anyone who drives outcomes.
- This self-paced course includes readings, videos, exercises and activities that empower you to think differently and lead change.
Head over to Acumen Academy to enroll in the upcoming Adaptive Leadership course.
Please note: this course is offered twice annually. Click on the button below to see when the next course begins.
If you’re excited to learn more about Adaptive Leadership before the next course session begins, check out these great resources:
- Jacqueline Novogratz [founder of Acumen Academy] on What Makes a Good Leader
[blog post linked here]
- Transforming the Status Quo Through Everyday Leadership Moments
[blog post linked here]
Learn more about Acumen Academy:
Acumen Academy’s mission is to unleash a new generation of social innovators and leaders with the determination and grit to build a more just, inclusive and sustainable world.
- Build Hard Skills and Character: Create an entrepreneurial vision and the skills to build it without losing sight of your values and ethos.
- Deliberately Diverse: For leaders who work across lines of difference including race, class, gender, ethnicity, and religion.
- Locally Rooted, Globally Connected: For anyone, anywhere who wants to make a difference.
It takes a team! This page was created for humans, by humans. A huge thanks to all of the humans that made this possible, including:
Brittany Martin, Ed Storck, and Marissa Scragg