A New Year, New Opportunities & Resources to Help!
“I don’t know where I’m going from here, but I promise it won’t be boring.” – David Bowie
As you wrap up the semester, this is an exciting time to evaluate the past year and plan ahead for the next. Whether your venture progressed as planned or not, it’s always a great idea to explore new opportunities and resources and take a fresh look at where you’re headed. As you prepare yourself for a new year and your next semester, here are some resources to help your venture grow, move forward and get started on that fresh, clean, new path of opportunity!
Training and Development (TDR) Modules
The J. Orin Edson Entrepreneurship + Innovation Institute produces Training and Development (TDR) modules, which are online, asynchronous, self-paced learning tailored to meet the needs of entrepreneurs in diverse development stages, industries, and regions. The following TDR modules are geared toward customer and entrepreneurial ventures, which is particularly relevant for planning ahead and being future-focused.
- How can I get started with digital marketing for my business? Digital marketing is essential for many types of businesses. Learn how to apply it to your business. This module will be helpful for you if you are a solopreneur, a micro business owner, or an established business owner who knows it’s time to integrate digital discovery into their overall marketing strategy but doesn’t know where to start. It’s also a great tool for traditional marketing professionals who want to expand their toolkit with digital know-how.
- What is customer discovery? Who is the person who will pay for or benefit from your product or service? Customer discovery is the process of identifying that person and getting to know them to better understand their needs. The feedback you receive in this process can be critical to the iterative process. This module is available in English and Spanish.
- What are my funding options? It costs money to start a business. In this module, we adapted the Fund your business guide from the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) to help you better understand your funding options and make the best decision for your venture. Remember, there is no one-size-fits-all solution when it comes to funding. This module is available in English and Spanish.
Did you know that E+I offers several sites around the Phoenix metro area for you to use for your entrepreneurial journey? We provide collaboration, event and makerspaces across ASU and throughout our local communities:
- Scottsdale: 1951@SkySong
- Downtown Phoenix: 850PBC
- Chandler: ASU/Chandler Innovation Center (ACIC)
- Mesa: The Studios@Mesa City Center
- Downtown Phoenix: Fusion on First
Connect With Your Community in January 2024
Join us for a tour of our event and co-working space at The Studios @ Mesa City Center, and you are cordially invited to stay and work from here the rest of the day!
January 17, 2024, 9:00am: Coffee + Connections
The Studios@Mesa City Center,
59 E. 1st St., Mesa AZ 85201Learn about other events here at the Edson E+I Events webpage: entrepreneurship.asu.edu/e_i_events/
Mentors and Funding Opportunities
If you’re looking to jumpstart your business and take it to the next level, check out one of these amazing opportunities to catalyze your success. If you have a great idea for a venture, or have already launched one, you will find the support and resources you need to succeed.
- Venture Devils: Whether you are an ASU student, faculty, staff, or community-based entrepreneur affiliated with an approved ASU community-focused venture development program, Venture Devils offers you a full suite of services to catalyze your success. Apply here: https://entrepreneurship.asu.edu/programs/venture-devils/
- Chandler Endeavor Venture Innovation Incubator: This program is focused on advancing the development of early-stage and growth-stage community-based ventures by providing access to highly tailored support and resources, igniting innovation. Register here: https://www.worldlabs.org/opportunity/chandler-endeavor-venture-innovation-incubator
- Cultivate PHX Agrifood Tech Incubator: Dedicated to supporting community-based ventures at the forefront of innovation in sustainable food systems and agriculture, the Agrifood Tech Incubator provides access to grant and seed funding opportunities, specialized training from experts, tailored programming to support product and business development, and free co-working space. Register here: https://www.worldlabs.org/opportunity/cultivate-phx-agrifood-tech-incubator-sign-up
More Opportunities for You
Here are a few more general entrepreneurship resources to bookmark and reference:
- Arizona Commerce Authority Small Business Boot Camp Content Library: The library boasts over 300 webinars serving the needs of entrepreneurs and startups in relevant resource areas, such as accounting and finance, leading and managing a business, legal issues, marketing and business sales and services.
- Arizona Small Business Development Center (SBDC): Arizona’s go-to resource to start, grow, or transition a business.
- #yesphx: The world’s most generous community for entrepreneurs. #yesphx is a unifying banner for Arizona’s diverse startup ecosystem, 100% community-owned, bootstrapped, and yours to help lead.
- Entrepreneurial Resources landing page: Here is a curated repository of links to resources on vendor development, logistics, product or services development and more. https://asu-entrepreneurship.my.canva.site/resources-landing-page or use this QR code:
For individual help on your entrepreneurial needs, or to provide us with feedback, please contact the Edson E+I Resource Team via our intake form.