Do you have an idea that could change the world of health? A great idea is the starting point of startup success. But there are many steps along the way, from learning entrepreneurial skills to finding out how to navigate the health industry landscape. Whether you are an ASU student, faculty, staff or community member, ASU’s Health Entrepreneurship Accelerator Lab (HEALab) can offer you a vast array of resources you need to bring your health-related business venture to market.
The most innovative school in the nation, ASU is the fertile soil where great ideas transform into reality. As the university’s accelerator solely focused on health and health care solutions, HEALab allows you to tap into the deep expertise of the Edson Entrepreneurship + Innovation Institute, Edson College of Nursing and Health Innovation, College of Health Solutions and New College of Interdisciplinary Arts and Sciences.
As a student involved with the HEALab, you will reap the benefits of:
- The Health Entrepreneurship and Innovation Club, which provides weekly networking and idea-generating meetings, proposal prep assistance, access to an exclusive mentor network and more.
- A summer internship program that provides students an opportunity to gain hands-on experience in a health innovation company.
- A speaker event series titled Live @ HEALab featuring subject matter experts who share their journeys as health care professionals and innovators.
Regardless of whether you’re an ASU student or member of the faculty, staff or community, HEALab provides:
- An opportunity to participate in Venture Devils, a program that catalyzes entrepreneurial success through connections with Venture Mentors, who provide regular, ongoing support. As part of Venture Devils, you may receive access to ASU funding opportunities and venture development spaces.
- Workshops and conferences such as Hacking the Human, HEALab’s full-day signature event providing a one-of-a-kind networking opportunity for students, sponsors and speakers to share their work in health innovation and make valuable connections in the local entrepreneurial ecosystem.
- A network of mentors, including founders and CEOs of health companies and faculty subject matter experts on a wide range of health disciplines from three colleges: Edson College of Nursing and Health Innovation, College of Health Solutions, and New College of Interdisciplinary Arts and Sciences. Mentors bring expertise from a wide range of industries, including mental health, medical technology, nutrition, biotech, health care, aging in the home, vitamins and supplements, health in schools, the future of medicine and telehealth.
The program is open to ASU students of any major, faculty, staff and community members. The only requirement is the desire to make your health-related idea a reality.
For additional information about HEALab and ways to get involved, email [email protected].
Donate to HEALab
Explore all programs
Our programs for entrepreneurs at ASU and in the community provide guidance and support to help you move your venture to the next level.