Edson Student Entrepreneur Initiative
If you’re a student with a big idea, the Edson Student Entrepreneur Initiative is your chance to turn that idea into a successful venture. Winners of the Edson Student Entrepreneur Initiative will be provided tools they need to start, advance and grow a venture. Teams chosen to participate in Edson are awarded office space, mentoring, seed funding and an educational program that includes ASU Startup School, a proven framework for venture acceleration.
Win up to $20K to advance your venture.
Apply to the ASU Edson Student Entrepreneur Initiative today.
- In order to be eligible for Edson, you must first apply to ASU Venture Devils. Venture Devils applications are considered five times per year.
- Take part in the Venture Devils Pitch Playoffs twice per year.
- Win up to $20K via Venture Devils Demo Days twice per year.
A History of Startup Success
For over a decade, the Edson program has proven to be a highly responsive, individualized and student-centered entrepreneurship program that delivers economic, social and educational impact in real-time.
The Edson Student Entrepreneur Initiative has supported more than 300 student teams and more than 1,200 students in the past 12 years.
In the past three years, Edson teams have raised over 2 million dollars, filed more than 30 patents and hired more than 150 employees.
Edson Design Principles
- Generate Awareness
Edson is promoted through extensive on-campus outreach and academic partnerships.
- Advance Ideas
Edson applications will be evaluated for viability, scalability and compliance with university standards.
- Engage Multiple Perspectives
Edson Advisory Board (EAB) members from across industries and sectors will evaluate and support ventures.
- Promote Professionalism
Edson applicants will be current students and in good academic and professional standing.
- Invest in the Future
Edson will offer up to $20k in seed funding and up to 12 months of acceleration and support services.
- Commit to Progress
Edson awardees will sign a term sheet that outlines program benefits, benchmarks and expectations.
- Impact the World
Edson graduates will be supported in securing opportunities for advancing and scaling their venture.
- Edson is open to new or existing startup teams that have at least one current ASU student as a key founder enrolled in at least one credit hour at the time of the Demo Day pitch.
- Edson is open to all ASU students, including undergraduate, graduate, postdoctoral and part-time students.
- Edson is open to ideas and ventures that are not in conflict with the Student Code of Conduct.
- Participation in Edson is limited to two years.