850PBC is named after its location — 850 N. 5th St. — and as part of the Phoenix Bioscience Core.
It offers entrepreneurs a connected and collaborative work and event space in the heart of downtown Phoenix. The location empowers positive collision with the local community, ASU’s Downtown Phoenix campus and across the Phoenix Bioscience Core.
The Phoenix Bioscience Core is a public-private partnership with developer Wexford Science + Technology, the Arizona Board of Regents, Arizona State University, Northern Arizona University, the University of Arizona, and the City of Phoenix. The Phoenix Bioscience Core was established to enhance interdisciplinary biomedical research in the area and to encourage growth of the private sector in bioscience and health technology. 850 PBC is LEED Gold certified and features 240,000 square feet of wet and dry labs, offices and retail space for use by the three state universities and a number of private biomedical companies and ventures.
The Edson Entrepreneurship + Innovation Institute space also houses the Health Entrepreneurship Accelerator Lab (HEALab), ASU’s accelerator focused solely on health and health care solutions. HEALab is an interdisciplinary endeavor between Edson E+I Institute and the Edson College of Nursing and Health Innovation.
The HEALab serves to provide access to an array of resources for innovators who are interested in bringing their health-related business ventures to market. HEALab hosts events in the space, such as the Health Entrepreneurship + Innovation student club meetings, hackathons, MedTech workshops, conferences and accelerators. All events work to welcome students and members of the health and entrepreneurship communities around Phoenix into the space. This space also serves as a place for entrepreneurs in the health innovation field to work on business development and host meetings.
Reservation priority is given to events supporting entrepreneurial initiatives.
This space is best suited for
- Bioscience and health innovation students and entrepreneurs.
- Students on the ASU Downtown Phoenix campus in need of collaborative co-working space.
- Community organizations looking for conference or presentation space in central Phoenix.
850 Phoenix Bioscience Core
850 N. 5th St., Ste 130
Phoenix, AZ 85004
850 PBC has two parking lots with rates at $4 per hour or $20 per day. Both lots are on the south side of the building, between 4th and 5th Streets. The primary lot adjacent to the building can only be accessed from McKinley Street. The secondary lot can be accessed from McKinley or Pierce Streets. Parking meters are also available around the perimeter of the building and surrounding Evans, Churchill and Roosevelt Row neighborhoods.
For large-scale events, additional parking options are available. Applicable fees will apply; please contact on-site property management for details.
- Collaborative co-working space with 16 open workstations with privacy screens, four shared monitors, two mobile 55” display audio visual carts, and a small capacity black and white printer.
- 928 square foot event space with dedicated presentation equipment, audio visual support, microphones, and a podium — 80 person capacity.
- Open spaces for group meetings with booth configurations, high top tables and stools, moveable chairs and laptop tables, and huddle spaces with acoustical draping.
- Flex space for small group meetings with a 55” wall-mounted display, phone conferencing, and an ethernet connection — 4 person capacity.
Access the collaborative workspace
All co-working space is pack-in, pack-out and available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Reserve a meeting space
You can reserve the event space or flex space in advance.
Meet. Connect. Collaborate.
From event venues to makerspaces, meeting rooms to coworking locations, we have the space for you to connect with your entrepreneurial community.