Startup Village is a diverse residential community of thinkers and doers who can rely on one another’s expertise, energy and ideas to collaborate and move innovative concepts forward. Its unique culture fosters an entrepreneurial spirit and residents enjoy unique resources, events and support for launching their ventures.
Eligibility and Application Process
Startup Village is a student community with experiences for students at any stage of their Sun Devil experience located at ASU Polytechnic.
- Full-time ASU students of any major in good academic standing are eligible to apply to live in Startup Village.
- Applicants may be graduate or undergraduate students.
- Applicants do not need to currently have a business or have previous experience with starting a business.
We are not currently accepting additional Startup Village residents for Fall 2018. To learn more about how to get involved in the community by attending an upcoming event, please email us.
All students interested in living at Startup Village must apply to reserve their housing in the community. For more information about shared housing opportunities, visit the university housing website.
Benefits of Living in Startup Village
- a community house for gatherings, village meetings and co-working space
- membership in the Venture Devils program, with a dedicated Venture Mentor and access to funding opportunities and workspaces
- competitive access to seed funding to develop and advance venture ideas
- opportunities to participate in coursework, community events, conferences and other workshops that support student entrepreneurship and innovation
- easy access to university facilities including, but not limited to, the Manufacturing Research and Innovation Hub and ASU SkySong
What Are the Expectations?
Students in Startup Village are expected to give back to the larger community while they pursue their passion. In addition to creating businesses or social ventures, the students in Startup Village coordinate events and activities that encourage and support entrepreneurship and innovation, showcase their ventures at high-profile events, and sponsor and participate in community service events.
Startup Village residents are not required to have already started a business, but they are expected to both leverage the unique resources of the community and contribute to entrepreneurship efforts at ASU.
Standard housing rates for a space in West Desert Village apply to Startup Village residents.
For additional information about the Startup Village experience and ways to get involved, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Housing-specific questions can be directed to:
Assistant Director of Residential Life