Startup Village is a diverse residential community of thinkers and doers who can rely on one another’s expertise, energy and ideas to collaborate and move innovative concepts forward. Its unique culture fosters an entrepreneurial spirit and residents enjoy unique resources, events and support for launching their ventures.
Eligibility and Application Process
Startup Village is a student community with experiences for students at any stage of their Sun Devil experience located at ASU Polytechnic.
Startup Village West Desert Village residents should at least be a sophomore in standing. The first-year Startup Village experience occurs within Century Hall.
- Full-time ASU students of any major in good academic standing are eligible to apply to live in Startup Village.
- Applicants may be graduate or undergraduate students.
- Applicants do not need to currently have a business or have previous experience with starting a business.
If you are interested in living in Startup Village for Fall 2018, complete the Startup Village Interest Form. The priority application date for Startup Village is May 15, 2018 for the 2018-2019 school year.
All students interested in living at Startup Village must apply to reserve their housing in the community. For more information about shared housing opportunities, and to apply now, visit the university housing website.
Startup Village is a residential community on the Arizona State University Polytechnic campus. It is a community for students who want to advance their ideas while pursuing a degree. The first year experience is located in Century Hall.
For upper-class students, Startup Village is located in West Desert Village, and is a series of free-standing houses in close proximity to each other, allowing for convenient collaboration, brainstorming and co-working.
Benefits of Living in Startup Village
- a community house for gatherings, village meetings and co-working space
- membership in the Venture Devils program, with a dedicated Venture Mentor and access to funding opportunities and workspaces
- competitive access to seed funding to develop and advance venture ideas
- opportunities to participate in coursework, community events, conferences and other workshops that support student entrepreneurship and innovation
- easy access to university facilities including, but not limited to, the Manufacturing Research and Innovation Hub, in Chandler and ASU SkySong
What Are the Expectations?
Students in Startup Village are expected to give back to the larger community while they pursue their passion. In addition to creating businesses or social ventures, the students in Startup Village coordinate events and activities that encourage and support entrepreneurship and innovation, showcase their ventures at high-profile events, and sponsor and participate in community service events.
Startup Village residents are not required to have already started a business, but they are expected to both leverage the unique resources of the community and contribute to entrepreneurship efforts at ASU.
Standard housing rates for a space in West Desert Village apply to Startup Village residents. All Startup Village residents pay a $49 residential community fee each semester. This fee is applied toward programming for the community.
For additional information about the Startup Village experience and ways to get involved, you can contact email@example.com
Housing-specific questions can be directed to:
associate director of university housing