Startup Village is a diverse residential community of thinkers and doers who can rely on one another’s expertise, energy and ideas to collaborate and move innovative concepts forward. Its unique culture fosters an entrepreneurial spirit and residents enjoy unique resources, events and support for launching their ventures.
Eligibility and Application Process
Startup Village is a student community with experiences for students at any stage of their Sun Devil experience located at ASU Polytechnic.
- Full-time ASU students of any major in good academic standing are eligible to apply to live in Startup Village.
- Applicants may be graduate or undergraduate students.
- Applicants do not need to currently have a business or have previous experience with starting a business.
Benefits of Living in Startup Village
- An exclusive community space for gatherings and collaboration.
- Access to tools, programs and resources to help develop and advance your entrepreneurial skills and experience.
- Opportunities to participate in coursework, community events and workshops that support student entrepreneurship and innovation.
- Connection to other students who are developing new venture ideas and projects.
- Special access to entrepreneurship and faculty expertise to help advance your entrepreneurial and creative pursuits.
What Are the Expectations?
Students in Startup Village are expected to give back to the larger community while they pursue their passion. In addition to creating businesses or social ventures, the students in Startup Village coordinate events and activities that encourage and support entrepreneurship and innovation, showcase their ventures at high-profile events, and sponsor and participate in community service events.
Startup Village residents are not required to have already started a business, but they are expected to both leverage the unique resources of the community and contribute to entrepreneurship efforts at ASU.
Standard housing rates when living at the Polytechnic campus as part of Startup Village.