Open Pitch Week is an annual event that provides student entrepreneurs from all parts of the university an opportunity to pitch their ideas, receive feedback and connect with other students interested in entrepreneurship and innovation. Whether you have an idea for a for-profit, nonprofit, creative or social enterprise or a social impact innovation to make the world a better place, Open Pitch Week is for you. The event provides an open, inclusive environment for you to improve your storytelling and approach to innovation.
Open Pitch Week takes place every February and September. In between seasons, you are encouraged to prepare your idea using our Just Start Guidebook or taking this module, How can I optimize my pitch?
During Open Pitch Week in February and September, anyone is welcome to attend as an audience member.
- Each student will have two minutes to pitch their idea.
- There will not be access to display any PowerPoint slides or other presentation materials.
- If five or more students participate by pitching, there will be a prize of $250 for the crowd favorite.
- You do not have to pitch to attend; all audience members are eligible to vote once for the crowd favorite.
Spring 2023 Open Pitch Events
- Mon, Feb 20 – 3 – 4 pm MST – RSVP here
- Tues, Feb 21, 5 – 6 pm MST – RSVP here
- Wed, Feb 22, 10 – 11 am MST – RSVP here
- Thurs, Feb 23, 6 – 7 pm MST – RSVP here
- Fri, Feb 24 – noon – 1 pm MST – RSVP here
Sign up for the Just Start Spotlight newsletter
To get reminders about upcoming Open Pitch events and to stay updated with stories, events, and other opportunities related to student entrepreneurship at Arizona State University sign up for our monthly newsletter the Just Start Spotlight.