As an ASU undergraduate student, your future success rests on much more than a high GPA. To land the job of your dreams after graduation, completing an internship is key to gain early career exposure and skills in a professional career of your choice, plus real-time insight into the inner workings of an organization and industry. Years ago, an on-site internship would be your only option, but you can now cultivate your skills while helping a local organization grow as part of the Virtual Venture Internship hosted by the Edson Entrepreneurship + Innovation Institute.
During a Virtual Venture Internship, you will reap the benefits of personal mentorship from industry professionals, opportunities to network with other ASU students curious about the diverse startup/entrepreneurship community and support from faculty and staff advancing entrepreneurial initiatives from the W. P. Carey Center for Entrepreneurship and the Edson E+I Institute at ASU.
During the seven-week internship program with a local Phoenix entrepreneurial-focused business, students will complete projects related to:
- General business operations.
- Social media strategy.
- Data analytics.
- Product development.
- Customer solutions.
Eligibility requirements and application
To be eligible for the program you must be:
- Currently enrolled as an ASU undergraduate student.
- Willing to enroll in a 1-credit course (ENT 484) in Summer Session C.
- Able to access reliable internet to fully participate in a virtual format.
- Committed to dedicating at least 10 hours weekly to your internship experience, including a regular schedule during specific work hours if requested by your internship supervisor.
If you are an international student, you are responsible for receiving employment authorization prior to committing to this experience.
Applications will open in February 2023.
Explore all programs
Our programs for entrepreneurs at ASU and in the community provide guidance and support to help you move your venture to the next level.