Eligible I-Corps teams seek to maximize the impact of an innovation, whether that innovation is technological, educational, societal, etc. The idea or technology must be scalable and potentially patentable. ASU-owned and non-ASU-owned concepts/technologies are eligible.
All teams must:
- have, at minimum, an entrepreneurial lead and a technical lead who fall into one of these categories: ASU student, ASU alumnus who graduated within the past year, ASU faculty member, ASU staff, or AzTE client
- have a team member or advisor that is PI eligible.
- not have prior SBIR/STTR funding or investment greater than $75K for the technology.
Commitment to Participation
- You are expected to complete a formal ASU I-Corps Site traing program, fulfilling the reporting requirements, and leverage ASU I-Corps Site grant funds in accord with the ASU-I Corps funding guidelines.
- Pending a “go” decision following an approved ASU I-Corps Site training program, you are expected to apply to the I-Corps National program(s), or for SBIR/STTR awards, and to work toward commercializing the technology.