Startup Mill is an exclusive program jointly run by ASU Entrepreneurship and Innovation and Arizona Technology Enterprises (AzTE). Startup Mill invites the highest-potential student- and faculty-led startups within the university, as well as select startups from outside the university, to receive top-tier entrepreneurship support from ASU.
Startup Mill participants receive incubation, acceleration and strategic investment from the university. The program also matches participating startups with seasoned venture capitalists and executives who provide mentoring and direction, may serve in an administrative capacity, and help identify high-potential intellectual property within the university. Startup Mill aims to proactively retain high-performing startups in Arizona that will create jobs and contribute significantly to regional economic development as they scale.
Program Benefits and Details
Startup Mill will provide the selected startups valuable incubation and acceleration services, including access to:
- a pool of 20-30 skilled entrepreneurs and seasoned executives who can provide interim or permanent C-level management experience, subject matter expertise and mentorship for better team development
- university resources including facilities, equipment, clinics and strategic partnerships
- specialized test-beds for product and market validation
- matching with ASU and partner resources to advance venture development
- Startup School training and mentoring
- pitch opportunities to ASU Foundation Angels and other funding partners upon maturation
As part of the program, ASU may take equity stake in and/or receive royalties from select companies founded by students and faculty. The university will receive monetary and/or financial return for startups or technologies stemming from outside the university.
For more information on eligibility for Startup Mill, email firstname.lastname@example.org